Travel Memories and Adventures of 2014


It's been a wild and wonderful year and I can sincerely say that I'm sad to leave all of the year's experiences behind. I've made some great connections and created unforgettable memories. Here are just some of my favorites:
Exploring the rich and enchanting culture of Andalusia,Spain. The photo above shows a lovely courtyard building in Granada. Beauty was everywhere I turned in Southern Spain.


The intoxicating charm of Martinque will always remain with me. The image above reveals just a glimpse of the island's magic, from the top of the famous town of St. Pierre.


I was thrilled to visit Asia for the first time and Macau was a fascinating introduction. The people, the culture, the history and food supplied me with nonstop excitement. I think I'm still calming down from that trip.



Montreal will always be a favorite city and I was as enchanted to visit this year as I am every time I go. I was lucky enough to catch the city's Caribbean parade and revel in the mix of Caribbean flavor in a French influenced city.


I enjoy visiting nearby Midwestern destinations as well as far flung countries and the pretty resort town of Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin has been at the top of my travel list for years. The unspoiled landscape was beautiful and my dive into blind-folded golf cart racing was truly memorable.


I kicked off the year in the serene hills of Hocking Hills, Ohio, an area steeped in Native American and moonshine! history that I enjoyed discovering.


Of course, my ultimate 2014 adventure was publishing my book, Exploring Chicago Blues  and embarking on the author's journey of book signings and events. I'm still on that journey and am extremely thankful for the experience. Here's to more enriching adventures in 2015! What were your 2014 highlights?

Comments

Andrew said…
Wonderful images and memories for you, Rosalind. Once again, congratulations on the book!

I didn't travel that widely in 2014(although plan to do so this new year), but my recent trip to southern Argentina would be the highlight, I'd say.

All the best for 2015!
Fly Girl said…
Andrew, thanks so much. Your Argentina pix look like it really was a great experience. See you next year!
TexWisGirl said…
i hope 2015 is chock-full o' fun and adventure for you!
Fly Girl said…
Tex, thanks, I hope yours is full of beautiful vistas and lovely critters.
Lucky you! :-) SO many good memories. Thanks for your wonderful posts.

Greetings from London.
Fly Girl said…
Cubano, it was and eventful year indeed. Looking forward to sharing more exciting adventures this year!

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons