Next Stop: Rock City


I'm headed for the lovely sands (that's Magens Bay above) and relatively (for the Caribbean) fast-paced streets of Rock City, also known as St. Thomas. St. Thomas carries the Rock City nickname because of its rowdy night life but I won't be catching much of that scene.  This press trip will focus on eco and volunteer travel so I'll be snorkling in the Mangrove Wildlife Sanctuary, kayaking to Hassel Island to clean beaches and trails, as well as checking out Saint Peter Great House and Botanical Gardens. I also hope to get the chance to volunteer at a school for an afternoon. Other than that, I'm most looking forward to feeding iguanas!  I'll be gone for the rest of the week, taking in a side of Rock City that I've never experienced. I promise lots of pix and posts on my adventures when I get back.

Comments

Can't wait to see the photos.
A Girl in Asia said…
Sounds great - enjoy!
Who would be a travel writer like you. :-) I look forward to those photos and posts.

Many thanks.

Greetings from London.
Mary and Sean said…
What a great trip. You certainly lead the life...
That sounds like a great trip - I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back :)
hotel bedding said…
Just found your blog - love it!!!
Anonymous said…
Have fun!
woofy said…
not yet back? i'm waitiiiiing for d photos ^_^
Jean-Luc Picard said…
Rock City looks like being a lot of fun!
Wendy said…
Look forward to reading about another fabulous destination!
Nancy said…
Have a wonderful trip. Looking forward to photos and stories!
Fly Girl said…
Thanks for the well wishes everybody! I'm exhausted and glad to be back. Rock City posts to follow shortly..

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons