St. Croix Colors





All of my favorite places host some kind of arts and cultural scene. If there's no art, museums or music, I'm not going. One of the reasons why I love St.Croix is because of the vibrant art work that fills most spaces in Christiansted and Fredericksted. Colorful landscapes, smiling children and kinetic carnival scenes jump out of St. Croix artwork, the best of which can be found in Christiansted art galleries. One of my favorites is Twin City Coffee House and Gallery, which showcases a host of St. Croix artwork every month. Cozy and blazing with color, from the tapestries on the tables to the woven pillowcases on the couch, the bi-level gallery is run by local artist Diane Butler and Theresa Calpano. "African Dance," a striking portrait of a kneeling naked woman with a scarf on her head and a background of dancers by Kendi Peguero captured my attention as soon as I walked in. I didn't walk out until I bought two hand-painted ceramic tiles
that portray St. Croix scenes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I agree... I love the art work, culture and craft of a place and can always be found in the latest gallery or museum...where is St Croix?? It looks interesting..
Anonymous said…
St.Croix is the largest of the U.S. Virgin Islands. They are a little West of Puerto Rico. Thanks for dropping by.
Anonymous said…
The artwork is so beautiful.
Anonymous said…
I doubt I'd be able to walk out empty handed. Beautiful artwork.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for dropping by Ebony and Wendy. Beautiful art adds to a place's allure for me.
Thanks for a great blog on the Caribbean, I especially loved your blog on Antigua and Barbuda and Barbados. Very well put together. Thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons