A Sweet Retreat


Sugar in all forms generally makes me happy. I refuse to patronize restaurants without dessert menus and have been known to start dinner with a decadent dessert and end with a small appetizer. Life's too short to always leave your favorite thing for last. So I was especially struck by the symbolism of this sugar mill converted into a house. Tucked onto a hill in St. Peter, this sugar mill house represents Barbados' history as a major sugar producer. It also reflects my sweets obsession in a major way. What would be cooler than living in a structure that used to create sugar? I'm sure just the sugary walls would provide creative inspiration and a jolt of psychic energy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love that: Start with dessert! It's like the pay yourself first kind of thing...awesome.
Anonymous said…
Thanks Gem. It's my way of life!
Anonymous said…
I would love to go inside that sweet house. Happy Holidays!
Anonymous said…
Thanks Wendy, happy holidays to you too!
Anonymous said…
Happy Holidays
Anonymous said…
I happen to be your opposite on the restaurant front - always rather have appetizers than desserts....BUT if I had a chance to live in a sweet house like that, I wouldnt pass it up. Thats is so cute!
Anonymous said…
Yummy, how sweet to be living inside a sugar mill! One of the most special places I stayed at was a windmill in the Azores.
I love it when unusual structures get turned into living spaces. It always requires quite an amount of ingenuity.
Anonymous said…
Ebony, Happy Holidays to you too!

Kristine, I like appetizers too, I just love desserts more!

Ever, it is really interesting to see such unusual structures. I never even thought about living in a sugar mill until I saw this.
Anonymous said…
Your pics are amazing. Just dropped in to say Happy New Year. Nuff hugs and things.
Anonymous said…
Thanks Jackie, Happy New year to you and everybody else! I'm afraid I'm having problems uploading photos so I haven't been able to do any holiday posts. I'm working on it and I'll be back!
Anonymous said…
That is a really cute hose to take refuge in!!Happy New Year!

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons